The Usages of a Nagura Stone
This small stone is used on the surface of the whetstone before sharpening to create a slurry of mud that can aid in sharpening the blade. It is highly recommended to use on fine stones for better results on sharpening.
- Wet both the fine stone and the stone dresser in water before use.
- Then grind the stone dresser in circular motion against the surface of the whetstone.
- Rub evenly on the entire surface of the stone and you can start sharpening the knife when a layer of mud appears on the surface.
- Please do not soak finishing stones (#3000 and above). Soaking a finishing stone will result in the stone cracking and breaking.
- Returning a stone into a box while still wet or damp will result in molding and decreasing quality.
- For double sided stone, please only soak the medium stone side (#1000). Failure to do so will result in the stone splitting and or breaking.
Korin Japanese Trading Corp.