The Shun Classic Master Utility Knife combines the nimbleness of a utility knife with the do-it-all capabilities of a chef's knife. The blade is slightly longer and significantly wider, so you can easily accomplish a wide range of food preparation tasks while enjoying the ease of use and agility of a compact knife. Extra width at the heel and a slightly curved belly enables rocking cuts to easily mince herbs and spices. A larger handle gives you a secure, comfortable, and confident grip as you work. The down-turned tip (similar to a kiritsuke) is extra durable. Slice, dice, shred, or portion; you can do it all with this one very beautiful, very functional, kitchen knife.
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
- Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
- Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Classic 6.5” Master Utility