Ken & Verveine Oringer’s recipes for kids & families!
Get 70+ kid-tested, kid-approved (and gluten-free!) recipes for young chefs from Ken & Verveine Oringer!
America's Test Kitchen kid tester Verveine Oringer and her dad, James Beard Award-winning chef Ken Oringer, bring young chefs into their kitchen and share 70+ kid-tested, kid-approved (and super creative!) recipes that are approachable, exciting, and delicious.
From Miso-Banana Bread for breakfast to Chicken Milanesa for dinner—plus a chapter of chef-y recipes (think Maki (Sushi Rolls), Spaghetti with Squid Ink Sauce, and Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars) thoughtfully explained by Ken—this book will take young chefs and their families on a culinary journey.
More reasons to buy Cooking with my Dad, the Chef:
- Each recipe is doable, delicious, AND gluten-free: After Verveine was diagnosed with celiac disease, the Oringer family changed the way they ate. Together, Verveine and Ken found ways to create approachable recipes that feel a little fancy but are perfect for young chefs!
- Created for kids and families to have fun cooking together and creating restaurant-worthy dishes at home:
- includes a photo for every recipe and many recipe step photos as well
- equipment and ingredient lists help young cooks prepare before they start cooking
- comic-inspired illustrations throughout the cookbook to entertain young chefs
- Ken Oringer is a James Beard Award-winning chef and one of Boston’s most notable restaurateurs.
Praise from Many of Your Favorite Chefs:
“From coastal Italian cuisine to Spanish tapas to killer sushi, chef Ken can (and has) done it all at the highest level. Along with his daughter, Verveine, Ken tackled one of his biggest challenges, cooking without gluten. Leave it to the real-deal Oringers to make even the most challenging dishes easy, fun, and delicious.” —Guy Fieri
“Cooking with My Dad, the Chef is very original and great fun but also a serious read that will get kids into the kitchen and lead to more meals being eaten together as a family. Kids will learn valuable lessons about flavor, choosing ingredients, and nutrition. A fun, wonderful addition to the family bookshelf.” —Jacques Pépin
America's Test Kitchen